The vision for Wiltshire is a resilient, sustainable and competitive economy characterised by a greater proportion of higher value, higher skilled jobs by:
- Making sure the county’s workforce is skilled and competitive
- Maintaining a well connected, reliable and resilient transport system to support economic and planned development growth
- Delivering excellence in digital connectivity to achieve business growth
- Delivering the infrastructure required to deliver planned growth and regenerate our City and Town Centres, and improve our visitor and cultural offer
- Strengthening the competitiveness of small and medium sized businesses, and attract a greater share of foreign and domestic investment into the area
The following report provides comparative analysis of a range of key indicators relating to Wiltshire's economy and is intended as a resource to help identify local priorities at community area level. The report includes an employment profile for Wiltshire’s community areas, detail on local claimant counts, levels of people claiming welfare benefits and retail health in our communities.
The data here is designed to help communities to understand local issues and to develop community-led work to improve local outcomes.